The evolution of Bill Jackson Inc. has led us from a post-World War II military surplus store to a state-of-the-art outdoor adventure outfitter. We cater to the following outdoor sports:
- Adventure Travel
- Metal Detecting
- Scuba Diving
- Snow Boarding
- Snow Skiing
The Jacksons require their employees to have experience in one or more of these areas. This gives you access to expert knowledge of not only the products, but the sport itself. This is the key difference between our store and online or “big box” stores. Visit us, and let our experienced staff outfit you for your next adventure. You’ll see why it’s worth your time to come into our store.
The Jackson’s had their “dream store” built in the 1970s.
– Parking lot. The first thing our visitors notice and comment on is the parking lot. Mrs. J was adamant that much of the natural vegetation, including most of the pine trees, be left intact when the store was built. It’s not unusual for visitors in RVs to mistake our store property for a campground.
– Indoor pool. Because Mr. J was a pioneer in teaching scuba diving as a recreational sport after World War II. So it was natural that a pool would be included in the new store. Solar panels heat our 100,000-gallon indoor pool, where we offer open-water diving certification classes. Our Dive Shop can do air and Nitrox fills.
– Lake. Bill Jackson’s Shop for Adventure is located on one end of Freedom Lake. Because our shop enjoys a great relationship with the City of Pinellas Park, we can put paddleboard or kayak shoppers on the lake to take a test paddle. In 2015, the city built and commemorated Jackson’s Landing, a small pier and sitting spot for everyone to enjoy.
– Shooting range. We also have a six-lane shooting range so our frequent visitors can sharpen their shooting skills.
– Ski deck. In our seasonal Ski Shop, we have a rotating carpeted slope, where we offer ski lessons.
Bill Jackson’s offers a unique shopping experience. Come visit us soon.
Bill Jackson’s employees are so Happy!