Our Enriched Air Nitrox class is designed for the open water diver who wants to take his or her diving to the next level by utilizing a better breathing gas.
Enriched Air Nitrox (EAN) reduces the inert gas component and allows the diver to take advantage of:
- Longer Bottom Times
- Shorter Surface Intervals
- Lower Risk of the Bends
- Reduced Post-Dive Fatigue
Cost: $125, plus Premier Package: $189 but reduced to $95 with class sign-up; includes Digital Plus, plus books, dive tables and logs.
You will learn how to:
- Calculate the best gas for a dive (bring a calculator to class)
- How oxygen affects you under pressure
- How to manage mixed gases (other than air)
- Why air is NOT an optimal breathing gas for recreational dives
- How to get more diving in on your dive vacation
- How to effectively utilize Nitrox to conduct safer dives
- Reduce the overall cost per dive
- Measure the oxygen content of an unknown EAN mix
- How to properly label and use an EAN fill, and more
Participants must hold a current, valid, Open Water certification from a nationally recognized agency (such as NAUI, YMCA, SSI, PADI, etc.). There is no requirement to perform any confined water exercises (so there is no pool work). Upon successful completion, participants will receive a NAUI Enriched Air Nitrox certification, allowing them to obtain Nitrox fills and/or otherwise use EAN in their diving.