Marathons and triathlons have taken off in popularity over the last few years, which is quite apparent based on the number of distance bumper stickers you see these days. Training for a triathlon is not to be taken lightly. It requires time, patience, hard work, and determination, but the feeling of accomplishment after completing one is priceless. If you have decided that you want to challenge your mind and body by completing a triathlon, consider the following tips:
- Start small and work your way up to the greater distances.
- Stay local if possible to avoid the stress and physical strain of traveling.
- Training about 5 hours per week is sufficient for a new triathlete.
- Recruit a training partner.
- As a beginner, you don’t need a top of the line brand new model bicycle.
- If you’re not used to open water swimming, choose an event that utilizes a swimming pool first.
- Invest in a good pair of running shoes that are ideal for your feet.
- Do not neglect rest.
- Get advice from expert or novice triathletes.
Pro Triathlon Gear: Zoot Suit
If you are not new to the triathlon scene but are looking to improve your time, Zoot triathlon gear at Bill Jackson’s could be just the fix. These triathlon specific suits and wetsuits will allow you to improve efficiency in the water and shave seconds off your time. Let our knowledgeable and friendly staff educate you about the many benefits of Zoot triathlon gear.
Neosport Triathlon wetsuits are available for weekly rental.
Prices range from $55-$65 depending on style.
Help support swimmers at the local triathlon events. The athletes and community appreciate your time and efforts. Experienced paddlers only please. Volunteers will receive a free T-shirt and free rentals.
Escape From Fort De Soto Triathlon
April 1, 2017
Top Gun Triathlon
July 22, 2017
Check our Calendar of Events and call 727-576-4169 to volunteer.